Do you know the ins and outs of Social Media?
Do you have a way with words?
Can you rock PPE like its fresh of the 2019 runway?
Do you consider yourself a digital dork?
If you answered yes to the above, the Agency for Industry wants YOU!
Our team of Social Soldiers is looking for a friendly and enthusiastic lover of all things Social Media to join their dynamic team…
Duties & Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be creating content for your allocated clients. The candidate must be able to source information and transform it into an interesting and engaging post for various social media platforms.
The candidate will manage their clients’ social media pages, community management, attend monthly client meetings to present on monthly reports & future content schedules. You will be responsible for building each client’s social brand presence.
The Junior Social Media Coordinator will report directly to the Head of Social Media and will work closely with the Online Marketing Team, PR Team and Design Team.
• Preparing Social Media Content Strategies for each of the client’s business verticals (aligned to their specific strategies) with a view to generate awareness, engagement, understanding and interest in the client’s brand, sub-brands and product offerings
• Analysis of social media platform community preferences to generate insights and channel back into Content Strategies
• Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms
• Ensuring Content and Creatives are produced and aligned with the agreed upon content strategies. This will require working with internal resources e.g. Head of Social Media, Online Marketing and Design Team
• Posting and promoting approved content on the various social media platforms across the four Business Verticals (where applicable) - this includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as any website blogs
• Attending events to generate content and posting content on our Social Media platforms during and after events
• Responding and/or channelling queries, questions and complaints on Social Media platforms in an agile, nimble and brand-aligned fashion
• Must be able to work under pressure and be fully adaptable to the ever-changing world of social
• Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
• Ensure all content strategies and content creatives have been approved by the Head of Social Media and the client
• Preparing presentations and reports on Social Media Campaign success, number of queries and complaint etc.
• Social Media analytics and reporting
• Excellent writing skills
• Detail orientated
• Team player
Key Performance Areas
• Prepare engaging and creative on-brand and on-strategy Social Media Content Strategies for each of the client’s Social Media Platforms
• Grow the number of community members on each Social Media Platform as well as increase measurable metrics such as reach and engagement
• Responding and/or channelling queries, questions and complaints on Social Media platforms in an agile, nimble and brand-aligned fashion according to agreed time frames
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Journalism qualification/ Bachelor’s Degree or similar
• 2 to 5 years Social Media/PR experience
• Experience with industrial clients is advantageous
• Proficient in the understanding and utilisation of various social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
• Exceptional writing skills
• Valid South African drivers licence and own transport
Package & Remuneration
Dependant on experience
The ideal candidate will create and maintain a strong online presence for our company. They will implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts in an effort to increase brand awareness. Additionally, this individual will understand the target audience and create an appropriate strategy to reach this group.
• Research target audience and discover current trends
• Create engaging text, video, and image content
• Monitor web traffic
• Develop optimal posting schedule
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
• Experience as a social media coordinator
• Strong communication, multitasking and analytical skills